2020 Lockdown Challenge
If, in the final reckoning, we have overshot the target for his chair, your donations will go towards a running bike - a curious piece of kit which is brilliant for keeping him active and getting his blood pumping...something which we all need to keep our spirits up.
If you are still keen to take on the challenge and/or donate, please read on!
Sam, now 14, is growing fast and needs a new powered wheelchair. The very basic model offered by the NHS will not provide him (a physically compromised but cognitively bright and inquisitive boy) with the therapeutic support and access to the world around him as will our preferred choice - a Permobil sit-to-stand model...but this choice comes with a significant (well into 5 figures!) price tag.
There are just five simple steps to take:
- Dream up your 2020 Lockdown Challenge - perhaps baking, cooking, reading, running, playing, performing, selling, dancing, quizzing, compiling, learning something...the list goes on.
- Donate through this justgiving page.
- Challenge others to do their own 2020 Lockdown Challenge (supporting this or another cause).
- Complete your challenge (sticking to the current government Coronavirus related guidelines).
- Share the story, a photo or video of your challenge by email or on social media, tagging @Camilla.Sherwin on FB, @CamillaTopsySherwin on Insta and using #2020lockdownchallenge.