Olivia Lugani - "A girl in a Billion"
Tree of Hope Charity helped raise funds in 2017/2018 for Olivia's medical needs and essential equipment. This account is now closed. We are pursuing a time-sensitive, costly treatment plan from consultants around the world; all solely funded by her parents. Olivia needs school adaptations in her new school in Paris; all of which will offer her the best quality of life. None of this is funded by the social system. We have a difficult journey ahead and all of your contributions will make a difference. Please visit GOFUNDME for our next fundraising effort. https://www.gofundme.com/olivi
Olivia needs your help. She was clinically diagnosed in January 2013 with an extremely rare genetic form of dwarfism called Goldblatt Syndrome (aka Odontochondrodysplasia/ Spondylometaphyseal dysplasia). After thorough investigations by American, Swiss, French and British doctors, they still not been able to diagnose her molecularly. Only 18 other children have been diagnosed with Goldblatt Syndrome world-wide. For more info: www.olivialugani.com
The disease does not allow Olivia’s muscle strength to develop, and her severe spinal curvature and weight of her head on her 67cm sized body, cause her to be unbalanced, therefore she cannot walk and suffers from pain everyday.
We compiled a list of equipment to help her reach her full potential:
- Specially-adapted steps to access WC at her new school and at home: EUR 9.000
- Height-adjustable sink in the disabled bathroom of her new school and at home: EUR 7.000
- Height-adjustable desk at Olivia’s new school: EUR 3.000
- Geberit Aquaclean shower toilet: EUR 5.400
- Specially designed Bi-Valve orthopaedic corset to limit further spinal curvature recommended by doctors at Necker Hospital: EUR 5.000
- Wheelchair lift for wheelchair-accessibe vehicle: EUR 7.000
- Specially designed bathroom: EUR 18.000 (Bathtub with hoist seat, personal-cleaning toilet, height-adjustable sink, bespoke steps leading to toilet)
- Specially-made tricycle: EUR 2.200
Donations can be made to this GoFundMe campaign using most credit and debit cards. Any donation is welcome and will solely benefit Olivia.
Thank you for your continued love and support.
British Pound Bank transfers:
Account Name: Olivia Lugani
Bank: HSBC UK
Sort code: 400730
Bank Transfers for International Donors:
ACCOUNT HOLDER: Mme Stephanie Brendel
IBAN/RIB: FR 76 30066103610002040990139
#agirlinabillion #raredisease #fundraise #dwarfism #awareness #inclusion #goldblattsyndrome