What Can Tree of Hope pay for?
The funds raised to benefit your child can be used for treatment, therapy and equipment that a doctor confirms will improve your child’s health or quality of life. We cannot pay for anything that could be provided for your child by the NHS or social services or falls outside our charitable objects. Within these limits we can pay for:
Treatment and Therapy
- An initial assessment of your child’s condition from a medical specialist.
- Hospital treatment including surgery and fees from hospitals and medical specialists.
- Medical therapists including physiotherapists, speech and hearing therapists.
- Recreational therapists, including music, gym, rock-climbing, horse-riding and yoga therapists.
- Gym or pool membership for your child and a carer.
- Massage therapy.
- Travel for treatment or therapy outside your home area.
- Equipment or toys specifically designed for a disabled person.
- Sensory items bought from a dedicated special needs supplier.
- Equipment commonly required for post-operation therapy, such as treadmills and tricycles.
- Items that are not specifically designed for a disabled person such as iPads or trampolines.
- Up to 50% of the cost of an adapted vehicle, or the cost of adapting an existing vehicle.