Isle of Wight Challenge
Location: London to Chilterns, UK
Date: 27-28 June 2015
Event Type: Trek or Run
Registration Fee: £49 for Full Island, £39 for Half Island, £29 for Quarter Island
Fundraising Target: £475 for Full Island, £295 for Half Island, £175 for Quarter Island.
A unique endurance event along an historic route! It’s Full Island (approx 105km), Half Island (approx 54km), or Quarter Island (approx 30km) on the Grand Union Canal towpath – a ‘hidden green corridor’ that winds its way from the heart of London out towards the Chilterns. The scenery will surprise you – the Challenge will inspire you – it’s London’s Great Escape! Most will walk it at their own pace, some will jog parts of it, and others will run the Full Island ultra marathon style! A test of stamina and determination, but with great on-event support it is achievable. You can choose to do the Full Island challenge or take on the Half or Quarter Island options; however you choose to do it, there’s a challenge to suit you. It’s London’s Great Escape!
- WALK IT! – at a pace that suits you
- RUN IT! – ideal event to ‘up’ your distance
- JOG IT! – run a bit, walk a bit – you choose
- Choose your distance – it’s your challenge! Full Island, Half Island or Quarter Island.
- Join as a Team or as an individual
- FREE hot meals, FREE drinks & snacks en-route
- Pace walkers, marshals, medics, massage.
- Corporate packages available
- Teams of 5 or more receive a free technical t-shirt each.
- Finishers medal, T shirt, glass of bubbly!
- Ful Island runner’s trophies for fastest gentleman & lady!
- Relay option available – team of 4, with each taking on ~25km.
For full information on the challenge, it’s inclusions, the route, FAQ’s and much more – please visit www.isleofwightchallenge.com
If you have any event related questions, please contact the Action Challenge team on email@example.com or call 020 7609 6695